Friday 6 August 2010

Luke is currently picking up his motorbike from the garage. One of his coils had to be re-wired. This problem meant he couldnt start the bike at all... Hopefully, this morning all will be well and he'll be able to drive it back to our guest house.

On another note, we just got back yesterday evening from Zanzibar. It was an amazing and beautiful island. There we got the chance to eat some octopus and calamari, swim with some wild dolphins, see a whale out at sea from shore and rest a lot! The beaches were amazing and crystal clear.

Sometime this weekend we will be heading up to Mombassa, in Kenya. The push to Nairobi will be our final ride together as Luke departs on the 17th of August to visit his girlfriend in India. I have decided to take it step by step and see what happens. When I get to Nairobi I need to find a new timing (cam) chain for my bike as well as a conrod. If I can find the parts I will continue onwards to Addis in Ethiopia and from there assess how everything is going. Everything is a bit unsure but if the bike is putting out well and I'm enjoying it I will try and make the final few thousand k's to Cairo. I have to be back in England by Sept. 13th so I will extend my trip to the 11th or 12th of September which should be plenty of time.

Thanks for following thus far. Here are another series of photos, hope you enjoy!

Jordan

I forgot to mention. Luke suddenly decided to hit up Zanzibar on Monday so I followed behind him. While he took a 90 min express ferry, Hassan (the mechanic whose been working on my bike) took  me to his hometown right opposite the island to catch a boat. What I didn't realise was that it would be Dow's, local sail boats. The Dow I was riding on was roughly 300 meters out to sea, so we had to load the motorbike into a smaller boat and take it over to the boat we were crossing with. I struggled holding the two boats together as tigghtly as possible while Hassan, his brother and a porter lifted the bike over practically dropping it into a huge cargo of fruit. The crossing in the end took 6 hours and 4 other German guys were riding at night because it was cheaper and they were out of the sun's harm.
Hope you enjoyed the photos...

Take care people,

Jordan

1 comment:

  1. always love your photos :) glad you guys have had such fun on your adventure!!!! hope the last leg of it together goes well and by yourself jo PLEASE stay safe... i really don't want to have to mourn the loss of you like we did steve rehn... i know i'm a worrywart but take care of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete