Friday 28 May 2010

I have arrived, Jordan passed, and Julie Anderson (invaluable)

This is my first post on the blog and I felt that I should first lend some credit to why I'm able to do this trip. My mom has been an invaluable asset to both me and Jordan over the last few months. She has done more for this trip than the two of us combined I think. So I would just like to publicly thank her for all the work she has put in and I'm sure will continue to put in. While I was finishing up all my school work, she remained busy with the many details that come with a trip like this and has organized much of our visa stuff as well as many other things. So I think a big BIG thank you needs to go to her.

Well I have arrived in England. It was one long day of travel as I was delayed in Minnesota due to T-storms in Chicago. Then I had to be rebooked on a later flight since I missed my original one. Thankfully I made it to London only 4 hours later than expected. Without my bags though. Of course. So hopefully they will be delivered today, but we will see as there is never any guarantees.

Jordan also just called with the news that he passed the second part of his motorcycle test. So great news there. This trip is suddenly becoming very real. Only 5 more days until we leave for Johannesburg.

Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment